Wednesday, November 19, 2008

It was a great morning

I went paddling before work this morning with my buddy Derek at Carlsbad's Aqua Hedionda lagoon.
This was the first time my kayak's seen the ocean. Well, under my ownership at least. The boat was used when I got it.

We spent about 45 minutes on the water. Yeah, not a super-long paddle, but since I had not been on the water in a few months, that was plenty of time. My upper body is a bit sore tonight.

Derek had his paddleboard out, he's a tough guy and uses his hands to propel himself. Surprisingly fast too. Looks like fun, I'll have to try it out sometime. We'll definitely be doing this again.

I hope to bring the girls out to the lagoon one of these weekends. Too bad you can't get directly to the ocean from the lagoon - there's a pipe across the water to keep the rental wakeboard boats from heading out to the open ocean.

No comments: