Saturday, November 8, 2008

Taiwan IV - Product Poetry

I had a good time hunting for Engrish and odd sayings on various products.

"Running To Future, Action of Practice"

I'm not sure which Mitsubishi Super Exceed Freeca AT I prefer:
"Cruiser of City"...

...or " The Conqueror of Nature"


"Apple Enjoy Eat Delicious"

Scooters had some great sayings:

"Fuzzy FR Super" model scooter

"Noble styling for your noble life"

"WHENEVER YOU SEE IT, YOU GET FUN"

"FEVER - YOU GOT TO FEEL THE HAPPINESS OF RIDING"

And some general weirdness

"Miracle Global Somke-Escaping Mask Jesus Is Lord"

"Safity OK!" suicide spinner knob

Still, their English is better than my Chinese will ever be. I came home knowing all of three things:

"neehow" - hello
"shay shay" (I actually know how this one is spelled - "xie xie") - thank you
"way" - how the Taiwanese answer the phone

No comments: